In response to the current COVID-19 situation, ServeNow’s leadership put together a new resource called: The Basic Things You Need to Know When Our World Falls Apart. You can read it by clicking the link on the title. Below, are seven considerations out of the book that might also be of blessing to you during times like this:
- Trust God, even when we don’t understand. He is Sovereign in the running of the universe and every moment of our lives. Sometimes we don’t know the reasons why certain things happen, but we can trust him in our lives and for our future.
- Remember that there is nothing new about crisis. Throughout history, there has been one crisis after another. Often, our perspective is very limited to the immediate moment, which makes us feel even more afraid. Perspective is important.
- Be aware of your emotions. Are you feeling angry, worried, sad, afraid, hopeless, depressed, wanting to blame others, or wondering if you are to blame? Recognize these are normal emotions, but then work through them with God and maybe even a counselor. Don’t deny them, but neither let them control you. Practice self-control.
- Spend time with God in prayer and reminding yourself of his promises. Scripture calls us to cast all our anxieties on him and promises us that we can know his supernatural peace no matter our circumstances.
- Resist the urge to only act in self-preserving ways. In a crisis, it is natural to tend to your own needs or your family; but limit your compassion towards others. But now is the time to consider the interests of others and demonstrate compassion and care.
- Improve personal hygiene and follow government/health directives. We may find some recommendations to be restrictive or perhaps even excessive. Still, it’s important we honor those in authority, take their directives seriously, and realize they are looking out for everyone’s well-being.
- Examine your life before God. Are you prepared for eternity? Do you know Jesus as your Lord and Savior? Do you have the assurance of eternal life through faith in him? Through faith in him we can know the joy of new life, abundant life, and eternal life!
If this has been of encouragement to you, would you consider partnering with us to get this book into the hands of others around the world? Click here to see how the Basic Series is impacting thousands around the world, and make a meaningful investment in the lives of others today!