In January 2013, ServeNow was launched to serve people in need by caring for orphans, widows, underprivileged children and youth as well as equipping the Church for greater fulfillment of its ministry and providing humanitarian assistance where needed.
Lars Dunberg has spent 50 years serving in global ministry, 45 of those together with his wife Doreen. After serving for 22 years as president of Living Bibles International/International Bible Society and another 14 years as founder and president of Global Action, his friends and family expected him to move toward retirement. Instead, believing that you don’t move from 100% to 0% overnight, he and his daughter Maria launched ServeNow.
Today Lars fulfills the role of president, sharing the vision with others and taking part in training and teaching around the world. The people of this world are still in desperate need of the Good News – whether in word or in deed – and ServeNow is committed to making a difference, one life at a time.
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His present rule as Head of the Church and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for salvation of lost and sinful people, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential. We believe in the present ministry of the person of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life, and to overcome the attacks of the Evil One, Satan.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ, with equality across race, gender, and class differences.