In January 2013, ServeNow was launched to serve people in need by caring for orphans, widows, underprivileged children and youth as well as equipping the Church for greater fulfillment of its ministry and providing humanitarian assistance where needed.
Lars Dunberg and his daughter Maria started the ministry. Lars has spent 50 years serving in global ministry, 45 of those together with his wife Doreen. Knowing parts of the world such as India, Uganda, Ukraine and Nepal, where many great needs still exist, as well as local churches and leaders that need someone to come alongside them to train and empower them to serve within their contexts and countries, ServeNow began assisting…and quickly grew beyond expectations!
Due to this growth, Ben Foley was approached by Lars to be trained by him for a couple years to step into his role as president which has now occurred.
The people of this world are still in desperate need of the Good News – whether in word or in deed – and ServeNow is committed to making a difference, one life at a time.
Serving people in need by caring for orphans, widows, underprivileged children and youth as well as equipping the Church for greater fulfillment of its ministry and providing humanitarian assistance where needed.
All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.
-Jesus, Matthew 28:18-20 (NIV)
Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27 (NIV)
For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
Ephesians 2:10 (NIV)
The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners.
Isaiah 61:1 (NIV)
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His present rule as Head of the Church and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for salvation of lost and sinful people, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential. We believe in the present ministry of the person of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life, and to overcome the attacks of the Evil One, Satan.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ, with equality across race, gender, and class differences.
Recent ServeNow Blog Posts
Click Here to view some stories from the past several months in this featured newsletter. This newsletter also provides some mission trip opportunities for 2018 and information regarding a $35,000 Matching Grant for a New School Building for orphan and impoverished children in Uganda! ServeNow Year End Newsletter. To watch our year end Thank You Video that contains highlights from each month of 2017 click here: 2017 Thank You Video.read more
Uganda church testimony: “By the time I received the ServeNow Basic Series Discipleship booklets, I had just been sent to pastor this new ministry. The church only had three members. I was questioning myself as to why God had sent me to such a ministry? Few as we were, we embarked on studying the books. I was encouraged by the messages and through them, our confidence was uplifted. So we started sharing with people about Jesus, as well as praying to God for a big harvest…and he turned our church around! We now have over 50 new believers and our structure could not contain them, thus church expansion. Thank you so much ServeNow for sending such resourceful literature!”read more
ServeNow has several special giving opportunities this holiday season and year end. We are so grateful for your support, prayers and partnership. Here are a few specific and meaningful ways you, your family and friends can make a difference around the world this year end through ServeNow.read more