In January 2013, ServeNow was launched to serve people in need by caring for orphans, widows, underprivileged children and youth as well as equipping the Church for greater fulfillment of its ministry and providing humanitarian assistance where needed.
Lars Dunberg and his daughter Maria Sturt started the ministry. Lars has spent 50 years serving in global ministry, 45 of those together with his wife Doreen. Knowing parts of the world such as India, Uganda, Ukraine and Nepal, where many great needs still exist, as well as local churches and leaders that need someone to come alongside them to train and empower them to serve within their contexts and countries, ServeNow began assisting…and quickly grew beyond expectations!
Due to this growth, Ben Foley was approached by Lars to be trained by him for a couple years to step into his role as president which has now occurred.
The people of this world are still in desperate need of the Good News – whether in word or in deed – and ServeNow is committed to making a difference, one life at a time.
“Sharing Christ’s passion for the world by serving the most vulnerable through national churches and leaders.”
All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.
-Jesus, Matthew 28:18-20 (NIV)
Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27 (NIV)
For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
Ephesians 2:10 (NIV)
The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners.
Isaiah 61:1 (NIV)
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His present rule as Head of the Church and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for salvation of lost and sinful people, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential. We believe in the present ministry of the person of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life, and to overcome the attacks of the Evil One, Satan.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ, with equality across race, gender, and class differences.
Recent ServeNow Blog Posts
Florence is a woman who lives in Burundi and a recent recipient of a small grant. She shared with us the following: “Every day I wake up to sell my goods on my little table. I gain something for the day and save for the group. Together in the group, we can achieve more even as each is responsible for her own small business in the community where she lives. Before, it was tough for me because I did not have any capital to undertake a business. Bu now, with the small grant I received, I can fill my little table with goods to sell! I am thankful to God that I now have something to do. This new ministry of Basic Things came to support me spiritually, socially, and financially. I feel now that I am living little by little, life has a meaning. As a family and a group, we pray that God will continually help us grow and reach a big capital.”
We have reached MILLIONS of people literally just this year in 2019 alone through a new video series called the Road to Paradise put together through our Arabic team and pushed out through social media avenues. The Basic Series Discipleship books were launched in new languages and countries, such as KiSwahili (Kenya), French (Ivory Coast, Togo, Benin), Kirundi (Burundi) and some new Asian languages. Thousands of copies were printed and a couple hundred thousand people were impacted by these books. Additionally, being we are living in a time that is seeing a historic global refugee crisis (over 70 million refugees in the world today), I am happy that we were able to help provide aid to refugee’s around the world from a Yazidi refugee camp in Iraq, to legal immigrants at our own border in the US/Mexico, to Sudanese refugee’s living in one of the world’s largest refugee camp in Northern Uganda.
Every week, we receive amazing stories of impact from around the world through ServeNow’s efforts. This is only possible because of people of like you getting involved and responding to God’s heart for the world and the most vulnerable. Click here to read just a few of those ways you are making a difference over the last few months: Impact Stories October 2018 to January 2019.