In January 2013, ServeNow was launched to serve people in need by caring for orphans, widows, underprivileged children and youth as well as equipping the Church for greater fulfillment of its ministry and providing humanitarian assistance where needed.
Lars Dunberg and his daughter Maria started the ministry. Lars has spent 50 years serving in global ministry, 45 of those together with his wife Doreen. Knowing parts of the world such as India, Uganda, Ukraine and Nepal, where many great needs still exist, as well as local churches and leaders that need someone to come alongside them to train and empower them to serve within their contexts and countries, ServeNow began assisting…and quickly grew beyond expectations!
Due to this growth, Ben Foley was approached by Lars to be trained by him for a couple years to step into his role as president which has now occurred. MediaServe, now a division of ServeNow came on board in February of 2016. MediaServe focuses on producing and distributing innovative Christian literature and other media materials in 45 languages with an impact in over 30 countries in 20 years time.
The people of this world are still in desperate need of the Good News – whether in word or in deed – and ServeNow is committed to making a difference, one life at a time.
Serving people in need by caring for orphans, widows, underprivileged children and youth as well as equipping the Church for greater fulfillment of its ministry and providing humanitarian assistance where needed.
All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.
-Jesus, Matthew 28:18-20 (NIV)
Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27 (NIV)
For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
Ephesians 2:10 (NIV)
The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners.
Isaiah 61:1 (NIV)
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His present rule as Head of the Church and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for salvation of lost and sinful people, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential. We believe in the present ministry of the person of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life, and to overcome the attacks of the Evil One, Satan.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ, with equality across race, gender, and class differences.
Recent ServeNow Blog Posts
ServeNow exists to holistically serve people in need in a way that produces life-transformation. Every project and effort is accomplished in, with and through local churches and national leaders/staff in each country of operation. We seek to come alongside those with the passion, compassion, vision and burden to see believers strengthened in their faith and communities reached out to in practical ways that communicates the reality of God’s love in Jesus Christ and breaks down barriers.read more
It is so inspiring and encouraging to read the stories that continually come forth literally every week from the ServeNow world! From people coming to faith in Jesus Christ, to those at risk of human trafficking being provided a skill and generating income, to summer camps for orphans, refugee, disabled and disadvantaged children, to Vacation Bible School (VBS) programs yielding tremendous fruit, to much more…God is at work! Enjoy these handful of stories that showcase that impact by clicking here: Summer Highlight Stories 2017.read more
Some people wonder why ServeNow focuses on so many different things in several different countries. Others have a hard time getting time getting their heads around “the big picture” of ServeNow. In this article I have included a brief summary of each project we are a part of and why (or what the need is) and you can read this article in regard to the Philosophy, Heart, Vision & Future of ServeNow.read more