In January 2013, ServeNow was launched to serve people in need by caring for orphans, widows, underprivileged children and youth as well as equipping the Church for greater fulfillment of its ministry and providing humanitarian assistance where needed.
Lars Dunberg and his daughter Maria started the ministry. Lars has spent 50 years serving in global ministry, 45 of those together with his wife Doreen. Knowing parts of the world such as India, Uganda, Ukraine and Nepal, where many great needs still exist, as well as local churches and leaders that need someone to come alongside them to train and empower them to serve within their contexts and countries, ServeNow began assisting…and quickly grew beyond expectations!
Due to this growth, Ben Foley was approached by Lars to be trained by him for a couple years to step into his role as president which has now occurred.
The people of this world are still in desperate need of the Good News – whether in word or in deed – and ServeNow is committed to making a difference, one life at a time.
“Sharing Christ’s passion for the world by serving the most vulnerable through national churches and leaders.”
All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.
-Jesus, Matthew 28:18-20 (NIV)
Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27 (NIV)
For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
Ephesians 2:10 (NIV)
The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners.
Isaiah 61:1 (NIV)
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His present rule as Head of the Church and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for salvation of lost and sinful people, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential. We believe in the present ministry of the person of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life, and to overcome the attacks of the Evil One, Satan.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ, with equality across race, gender, and class differences.
Recent ServeNow Blog Posts
Every week, we receive amazing stories of impact from around the world through ServeNow’s efforts. This is only possible because of people of like you getting involved and responding to God’s heart for the world and the most vulnerable. Click here to read just a few of those ways you are making a difference over the last few months: Impact Stories October 2018 to January 2019.read more
I am very excited to announce the release of the 2018 ServeNow Fiscal Year Annual Report! (Click here to view: Annual Report 2018). What an exciting 5th year of ministry it has been! In the report are several testimonies from real people we were able to serve this last fiscal year in our four core countries. There is no greater joy we share together than being able to come alongside people in need and seeing their lives transformed by the love of God and Hope of the Gospel!read more
Click Here to view some stories from the past several months in this featured newsletter. This newsletter also provides some mission trip opportunities for 2018 and information regarding a $35,000 Matching Grant for a New School Building for orphan and impoverished children in Uganda! ServeNow Year End Newsletter. To watch our year end Thank You Video that contains highlights from each month of 2017 click here: 2017 Thank You Video.read more